In order to pay income tax through online banking, follow these simple steps:
- Visit – http://www.tin-nsdl.com
- Under ‘Services’ click on ‘e-payment’ to pay taxes online or click on the tab ‘e-payment : Pay Taxes Online’
- Select the challan that is relevant for your income category from ITNS 280, ITNS 281, ITNS 282, ITNS 283, ITNS 284 or Form 26 QB demand payment (for TDS on property sale) as applicable.
- Enter the details of the PAN / TAN and other necessary challan details like accounting head under which payment is made, the address of the taxpayer and the bank through which payment is being made.
- Once you have submitted the details, a confirmation screen will be displayed. If PAN / TAN is verified as per the ITD PAN / TAN master, then the full name of the taxpayer will be displayed on the confirmation screen.
- After confirmation, the website will redirect you to your choose bank’s payment page. You can take advantage of your bank’s net banking services to complete the payment.
- You will require to login to your bank’s net-banking website with your user id and password to carry out the payment process.
- Once you have made the payment, you will receive a challan receipt that will include details of CIN, payment details and bank’s name. You can save the receipt for future reference.
The refund process for online income tax takes around two to six month from the date of e-filing returns online. If you need to track the status of the refund, you can follow these steps:
- Login to the NSDL-TIN website
- Enter your PAN number and assessment year
- The status of your online income tax refund will be displayed on the screen
These are different kind of status that will see:
- Refund Status – Expired
- Refund Status – Refund Returned
- Refund Status – Processed through direct credit mode but failed
- Refund Status – Paid (Received the ECS refund advice but account not credited)
- Refund Status – Adjusted against outstanding demand from previous year
- Refund Status – Processed through NECS/NEFT and failed
What is the last date to pay income tax online?
The payment of advance taxes of income tax for individual and firms:
- 1st Payment of 30% – 15th September
- 2nd Payment of 60% – 15th December
- 3rd Payment of 100% – 15th March
The payment of advance taxes of income tax for companies:
- 1st Payment of 15% – 15th June
- 2nd Payment of 45% – 15th September
- 3rd Payment of 75% – 15th December
- 4th Payment of 100% – 15th March
Pay income tax online through debit/credit card
The IT department facilitate the website – http://www.tin-nsdl.com to make online income tax payments. An individual can choose to either use a debit or credit card to make the payment. After the individual has completed furnishing the required details, he/she will be redirected to their bank’s website (the individual can choose to make the unpaid income tax payment through Bank Gateway). The individual will require to login to their net bank account by using the user ID and password. The bank’s payment gateway will guide the individual in completing the payment process.