A minimum of 10 adult persons are required for a co-operative organization. A person will be called a major or adult person when he has attained 18 (or above) years of age.
An application for registration is to be made to the registrar of the co-operative societies. Such an application for registration should include the following details:
- Name and address of the society intended to be established.
- The aims and objective of the society.
- The details of share capital held by the members.
- The bye-laws of the society which contains rules and regulations for the management of the society.
- The bye-laws must be signed by at least 10 members who have signed the application for registration.
- The application for registration is required to be signed by at least 10 members of the society.
Obtaining certificate of registration:
When the registrar is satisfied with regard to the objects and the bye-laws of the society, he issues a certificate of registration to this effect. On registration it enjoys the status of a separate legal entity and after this it accept new membership and start its business operation.