There is certain crucial information that needs to be mentioned mandatory in the GST invoice/billing. These are:
- Name, address and the GSTIN of the supplier
- The nature of invoice (tax invoice, supplementary invoice or revised invoice)
- Invoice number (this shall be a consecutive alpha-numeric or numeric series, specific for a financial year)
- Date of Invoice
- Name, address and the GSTIN of the recipient
- Where the value of the goods exceeds Rupees Fifty Thousand and the recipient is an unregistered person, then name and address of such recipient and the delivery address of the consignment.
- Description of the goods or services
- HSN code of the goods or the Accounting Code of the Services
- Quantity of the goods or services
- Total value of the goods or services
- Rate of Tax on each item
- Tax amount charged, on account of CGST, SGST, and IGST to be shown separately under different columns
- Name of the supplying State and the place of supply
- Place of delivery
- A statement mentioning whether reverse charge is applicable or not
- Trade Discounts not forming part of value of the goods, if any
- Signature in physical form or Digital Signature of the supplier or an authorized person, duly certifying the invoice
In addition to the above particulars, an export invoice shall include the following.
- A mandatory statement mentioning these specific words – “SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT ON PAYMENT OF IGST” or “SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT UNDER BOND WITHOUT PAYMENT OF IGST.”
- Country of destination
- Delivery address
- The Number and date of application of form for removal, i.e. Form ARE-1
Likewise, when an Input Service Distributor issues the invoice, then “Amount of credit distributed” shall also be added to the invoice instead of the rate and value of the goods or services.
If you are a Goods Transport Agency, you are a critical link in the supply chain and has to include the following in your invoice.
- Name and address of the consignor and the consignee
- Registered Vehicle number
- Gross weight of the consignment
- Place of Origin
- GSTIN of the person liable to pay tax